Monday, May 25, 2009

Initial Sprint completed?

Technically yes, but what does it mean? It was exciting to chip away at smaller problems and see progress but we did not quite pull it off. We had a really productive first day, largely due to things we had  
accomplished before the sprint officially started. We did complete more than half of our tasks (~50 hours) but were too slow. We closed 2 of 5 stories with 2, 10.5, and 5 hours left on the open stories.  

What happened? Did I do enough as scrum master? Did I pull my weight as a team member? I don't know...

This sprint illustrated clearly that assuming three roles is not ideal. We did our best but did not see all the cards on the table. Barriers appeared that we could not work around, e.g. planning for the wrong neurophysiology software.

Besides more knowledge, one disturbing issue is almost. We completed over 70% of tasks and almost finished the stories. This means the stories are incomplete. This was one my problems I hoped to overcome - always working a little more to finish instead of getting things done. I hope future sprints have less external shenanigans and produce more concrete results.

No comments:

Post a Comment