Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I made alot of mistakes

The title is from the Surjan Stevens song Chicago, if you haven't heard it before I would recommend it.

This sprint I decided that I needed to get a ton of things done because I was behind. I would not be slowed down by things like history or logic... Claudia even warned me that too much of the work was for me, but I still thought I could power through it. Funny thing is, the time-space continuum did not expand for me. Instead of being only a few hours behind with 4 days left to go, we are over 25 hours behind. Indeed, I made a lot of mistakes.

First, the planning meeting was over Skype and using Agilo software. This was the first time and things were unfamiliar. I got a little frazzled looking for things. To save time, we broke out the tasks for our own stories separately - tasks were even less everybody. Also estimating time was almost independent. Lesson = always know your meeting software.

The rest of the mistakes were technical or stubborn. Equally problematic, but easier to avoid and less interesting to discuss...

No comments:

Post a Comment